What are punctal occluders?
Punctal occluders block the punctum (tear duct), which is the drainage duct that carries tears away from the surface of the eye. By blocking these, tears are prevented from draining away too quickly leaving the eye dry. This procedure is widely-performed, safe, quick, painless, and totally reversible.
UltraPlug™ Silicone Punctal Plugs
Permanent silicone punctal plugs for dry eye relief. Inserted into the punctal opening to block tear drainage though canaliculus, silicone plugs provide long-term relief of dry eye symptoms, and enable the eye to retain more of its own natural tears:
• Low profile cap design virtually eliminates foreign body sensation
• Easy removal with jeweler’s forceps, if necessary
• Individually packaged and reloaded on a sterile inserter/dilator
• Manufactured from soft silicone utilizing a single piece mold design for greater patient comfort
UltraPlug™ Collagen Absorbable Punctal Plugs
Collagen plugs provide temporary relief for dry eye symptoms and are useful in assessing the usefulness of a permanent punctal plug. Inserted into the punctal opening to block tear drainage though the canaliculus, collagen plugs provide temporary relief of dry eye symptoms:
• Made and manufactured from precisely measured prenium collagen
• Used as a diagnostic assessment for permanent punctal occlusion
• Each individually packaged card contains 6 plugs
• Relieve temporary dry eyes
UltraPlug™ Extended Wear Absordable Plugs
• Synthetic absorbable plugs provide extended temporary relief of dry eye symptoms. Inserted into the punctal opening to block tear drainage through the canaliculus.
• Indicated for use in the treatment of Dry Eye Syndrome and the dry eye components of various ocular surface diseases
• May be used after ocular surgery to prevent dry eye related complications and to enhance the retenton of ocular medications
• Ideal for Post-Pop dry eye management
• Treatment option for seasonal allergy sufferers
• May be beneficial for contact lens patients experiencing dry eye related symptoms
• Manufactured from E-Caprolacton-L-Lactide copolymer (PCL)
• Essentially absorbed within 60-180 days
i-Plug® Punctal Plug is designed to provide reduction or elimination of tear drainage through the inferior or superior puncta, thus maintaining lubricating tears on the surface of the eye.
Each i-Plug® Punctal Plug is molded from medical grade silicone.
The i-Plug® Punctal Plug is available in 4 sizes (small, medium, large, and x-large) and are packaged sterile 2 per/box. Each plug is sterile, preloaded on an inserter
SmartPLUG™ from Medemmium is an innovative device used to occlude the punctum, or tear duct, and thus conserve the eye’s natural tears.
SmartPLUG™ is designed to fit a range of punctum sizes. Made of a flexible thermosensitive acrylic material, SmartPLUG adjusts to the exact share and size of the punctum.